Product Styling and Photography Workshop
A fun, practical and face to face workshop for creative small business owners who want to improve their product styling and photography skills
What will I learn?
- the fundamentals of great, scroll-stopping images
- how to find and work with natural light wherever you are taking photos
- how to get the most out of your 'proper' camera or phone camera, tailored to what you use
- proven styling techniques from a professional brand and product stylist
- the best props to work with for your brand and to tell your products' story
- how to build your own prop collection
- how to plan your own product shoot including 'writing your brief', creating a lifestyle scene with a basic, easy to use kit and taking those images you have in your mind's eye
- fool proof editing techniques for both proper and phone camera shots
Who's it for?
Those who are new to styling and photographing their products or who are looking to improve their skills or get some fresh inspiration.
Maybe you're looking to build your confidence to get started or perhaps you've got stuck in a bit of a creative rut and want some help with taking your images to the next level. Or, maybe you’re not getting the engagement you’d like on your social media and want to improve your images to make them scroll stopping.
What does it cover?
The critical skills and knowledge that you need to create scroll-stopping images for your business.
This includes how to get the most out of your camera/phone, how to work with natural light wherever you are and how to create beautiful scenes with your products and build your own prop collection. Plus, hands on demonstrations and tuition from two industry experts, who will teach you and show you how to style and shoot images for your business.
What's the format?
This is an intimate one day workshop where we'll use a mixture of group learning, practical demonstrations and working with you in small groups and 121 to help you develop the skills and knowledge needed to create beautiful images of your products.
You'll finish the day with a set of images of one of your products and the know-how to carry on doing the same at home!
Alongside the learning on the day, you'll also get:
- the contents of our online Product Styling and Photography Course (worth £125) to keep and dive into whenever you need it. This consists of over 200 pages of learning content spread across 5 modules plus 'how to' guides, checklists and short videos.
- an invitation to join our private student Facebook group where you can connect with our students from our online courses and get further coaching and guidance from us plus regular additional tips and inspiration.
- a collection of props and photography backgrounds will be there on the day for you to utilise such as fresh flowers, foliage, and a selection of other small props. It is suggested, however, that you bring some of your own products and any props you specifically have in mind that you’d like to use on the day.
- a light lunch and refreshments throughout the day over which you'll be able to spend time getting to know your fellow students and connecting in real life!!
Where and when is it happening?
The Jam Factory
Tuesday 14th June
10am to 4pm
The Jam Factory
Arts Centre, Restaurant and Bar, the Jam Factory is the perfect venue for our workshop. Once the home of the manufacturers of Frank Cooper marmalade, it is now a place for art enthusiasts and foodies to hang out in the centre of the beautiful city of Oxford.
Located just a stone's throw from Oxford's main train and bus station and city centre shops and hotels, this gorgeous rustic space has tons of natural light, high ceilings and beautiful original wooden flooring.
We think it makes the perfect backdrop for our photography workshop and offers us plenty of opportunities to set up a variety of shots, plus lots of space for us to spread out and work individually and in small groups.
A Bit About Us
the nitty gritty
How do I sign up?
Add the course to your shopping basket at the top of the page. Once you've done this, go to your basket and proceed to checkout to pay for the course.
What do I need to bring with me?
We will send you some info before the workshop with a list of everything you need to bring but essentially it will be:
- your camera or mobile phone
- chargers for your camera or phone
- a tripod if you have one
- a laptop with tethering kit (only if you have this and use it)
- some props (we will provide plenty but there might be specific things that you like to use or struggle to use that you can bring along)
- some of your products
- a notebook
What happens if I need to cancel after I've signed up?
An amount of £125 is non refundable if you cancel your booking, but you will be sent the course content to download and keep which costs the equivalent of this amount.
Is there parking at The Jam Factory?
There is no on site parking but details of car parks close to the venue will be provided nearer the time by email.
What if I have food allergies or dietary requirements?
Most allergies can be catered for on the day if you provide details on booking, unless it is a severe nut allergy, which can’t be catered for on site unfortunately due to other food groups being prepared on the premises.